If you would like to host a workshop, please contact me at
715-869-0665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Watercolor
with Ann Singsaas
Sunday, May 9 2015, 10am-4pm
Iverson Park - All Purpose Lodge, (warming house ) Stevens Point, WI
Class Fee $80
Ever wanted to try watercolor but feel intimidated by the medium's reputation of difficulty? With some of the basics under your belt, you can find joy in this travel friendly way of painting! Learn about the materials and basic techniques that are the foundation of watercolor painting. This class is meant for those with little to no experience or the artist who finds watercolor frustrating and confusing. We will cover materials, show you how to handle equipment, produce flat, graded, and wet in wet washes, glazing, masking, lifting, setting up for a painting and more. Lots of time for practice, demonstrations and Q&A.
Students provide their own equipment OR may rent a kit from the instructor for the day ($5) Watercolor paper available for purchase. ($5 per 22"x30"sheet of Arches 140#) BYO bag lunch.
- Register through the Riverfront Arts Center. Download registration forms at RAC’s website or pick one up at the RAC.
- Payment must accompany registration
- Checks made out to “Riverfront Arts Center”
- Registration and fee can be mailed in or dropped off at the RAC: P.O. Box 472, 1200 Crosby Ave. Stevens Point, WI 54481
- Fees will be refunded if the RAC cancels a class. If you cancel, refunds will be given 10 days prior to the 1st class, less $5 processing fee. No refund will be given if you cancel within 10 days.
- Photos may be taken for promo; your permission is assumed unless you notify us.
- 30% of class fees go directly to supporting the RAC!
Questions? Contact RAC Director Nancy Thorson
What I use to paint when I’m outdoors:
Yarka original 24-pan watercolor set
Arches travel Album (6”x10”)
watercolor brushes from Robert Simmons Sienna , 1/2 flat, #10 round, size 0 liner.